Facebook Phone Specs & Detail Leaked :Android Police a well-known tech blog has reviled the leaked ROM for the upcoming Facebook phone reveals details about the device. According to Android Police, the customized Android operating system limits access to Facebook employees; however, some details were uncovered.
The phone, manufactured by HTC and given code name ‘Myst’. Here are the specs:
● Manufacturer: HTC
● Model: MYSTUL (Myst_UL)
● Carrier: AT&T
● Platform: MSM8960 (Dual Core)
● Ram: 1GB
● Display: 4.3 inch @ 720p resolution
● Android Version: 4.1.2
● Sense Version: 4.5
● Rear Camera = 5M
● Front Camera = 1.6M
● No SD Card
● Bluetooth 4.0
● Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
The software features a new Facebook app with a bundle id of com.facebook.wakizashi. This app has all the permissions necessary to be a home screen app. Android Police notes that HTC’s traditional home screen app, ‘Rosie’, isn’t on the phone at all.
The new Facebook app has the following other permissions:
● SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW – The Facebook app can spawn windows that stay on top of all other windows. According to the Android docs, “these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.”
● DISABLE_KEYGUARD – It can turn off your lock screen.
● RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – Facebook starts as soon as your phone starts.
● GET_TASKS – The Facebook app can see what apps you have running.
● CHANGE_WIFI_STATE – It can control your WiFi connection
● WRITE_SETTINGS – It can change your system settings